All controls for operation are located on the main control panel or control boxes next to each carriage steering wheel. High pressure pumps are in front of carriage controls so pressure can be monitored.
M-B Manual is attached for additional reference.
NOTE: Photos in this manual are from E-14, locations of some items may vary from truck to truck.
2. Turn master switch on control panel ON.
3. Start the pony motor and let warm up.
4. Idle UP pony motor and engage hydraulics to RUN from BYPASS.
5. Check that material supply valves for catalyst, white and/or yellow are open. These valves are only closed when cleaning filters. Valves are located below the deck, under heat exchangers
6. Turn on circulating pump(s) to circulate glycol. E-2 & E-7 have two circulating pumps(one switch on control box in cab, one switch on control panel in doghouse) and E-10 has only one.
7. Turn furnace ON. Begin heating glycol system and material. Glycol should be heated to 160-170 degrees in cold weather and 140-150 in warm weather.
8. Turn individual HEAT switches ON to warm catalyst, white and/or yellow material.
9. When glycol and material have started to heat, engage high pressure pump (turn pump hydraulics ON at bottom of control panel). Turn pump switches on top of control panel ON. Dial up High Pressure pump to no more than 500 psi. OPEN Whitey supply valves to guns being used, OPEN bypass valves. Close bypass valves when pump gauges read close to zero.
10. Flush guns with solvent. Install tips on paint guns, use correct tip for the line width you will be spraying. Refer to TIP section following operating procedure. Unchain carriage. Test Beads.
11. Adjust pump pressure with Sun dial as material heats or “strokes in”. Operating pump pressure should be approximately 500 psi.
12. Once material is to heat, adjust thermostats. Resin should be heated to 125˚ – 130˚ and the catalyst should be heated to 135˚ – 140˚. These temperatures may vary from truck to truck and change with seasonal conditions.
13. When material reaches Heat and the High Pressure Gauges at the pump read 500 psi (all three gauges), guns may be loaded up to stripe.
14. Load guns to stripe:
15. Set guns for work being done on control box ie. Solid or skip. Drop carriage with Carriage UP/DOWN switch, line up truck and switch MARK/PRESET button to MARK to stripe when truck is rolling. Turn on dusters if necessary.
Guideline: Increase heat to lower pressure
Decrease heat to raise pressure
16. Blow Out